Tunas FC fight back to draw against Tabuan Muda B

Yee Chun Leong

TEN-MAN Tunas FC recovered from an early two-goal deficit to draw 3-3 against Tabuan Muda B (the national under-17 football team) in the DST Premier League last night.

Contested at the Berakas Sports Complex, Tabuan Muda B grabbed an early lead after Md Haziq Hafizhan Hardi’s shot from inside the box was spilled by the Tunas goalkeeper Anis Sabirin Hj Md Taib only to watch it roll over the line in the ninth minute.

Md Haziq Hafizhan Hardi (R) bagged a brace for Tabuan Muda B. Picture: Yee Chun Leong

Md Hadif Aiman Hj Adanan doubled their lead after heading a freekick from the left upwards but it found its way into the net.

Tunas pulled one goal back through Abg Hazran Abg Hadzman in the 17th minute.

The national under-17 side regained their two-goal cushion 10 minutes later.

Md Haziq Hafizhan chested down a ball from the right before firing past the Tunas custodian for his second of the match.

It was back to a one goal deficit four minutes later after Tabuan Muda goalkeeper failed to handle Md Ari Saizulfadhli Ariffin’s shot from the edge of the box.

Tunas came out strongly after the interval and equalised in the 63rd minute courtesy of Abg Md Fakhri Abg Jaludin’s direct freekick from the edge of the area.

Abg Md Fakhri Abg Jaludin of Tunas takes a shot. Picture: Yee Chun Leong

Tunas were down to 10 men after Osman Junaidi was sent off in the 83rd minute allowing their opponents to take control.

Tabuan Muda almost snatched all three points at the death but Tunas’ substitute goalkeeper Abu Bakri Hj Yahya denied Md Nazhan Zulkiflie’s from close range to ensure both teams take a point out of the encounter.

Over at the BSRC field in Seria, BSRC FT beat Rimba Star FC 3-1 to move out of the foot of the eight-team table.

Md Hibatur Rahman Muhamad gave Rimba Star the lead in the 16th minute before Md Jazimin Arbi equalised for BSRC five minutes before halftime.

Md Amirul Zafrey Md Norshaney put BSRC in front two minutes after the restart before Junaidi Ibrahim netted an injury time penalty to complete the win.

The other match saw IKLS FC and Panchor Murai play out to a 2-2 draw - with all goals coming in the first half - at Sg Kebun Sports Complex.

Md Nazirul and Suhaimi gave Panchor Murai a two-goal cushion before Md Norhidayatullah and Ak Md Nurizuddin responded for IKLS in the stalemate.

Comments are closed.