DPMM FC slip to third defeat of season against Balestier Khalsa FC

Caption: Hazzuwan Halim (L) of Balestier Khalsa chips the ball while being chased by Rosmin Hj Md Kamis (C) and Reduan Hj Petara during their S.League match last night at the Jalan Besar Stadium. Picture: Courtesy of Ortus Media


Yee Chun Leong

TEN-MAN DPMM FC succumbed to their third loss in four games in the S.League after falling 2-1 to Balestier Khalsa FC last night.

Rafael Ramazotti gave the Brunei side the lead from the spot in the opening half at the Jalan Besar Stadium in Singapore.

The Tigers replied through Hazzuwan Halim and Raihan Rahman in a space of four minutes in the second half to grab their second win of the season.

DPMM FC were awarded a penalty in the 20th minute after Ramazotti was brought down by Hanafi Salleh for pulling his shorts.

The latter was fortunate to stay on the pitch after only receiving a yellow card for being the last man.

The Brazilian then sent the Balestier goalkeeper Zaiful Nizam the wrong way to give DPMM FC the lead.

The Tigers were on target in the 38th minute with Aung Kyaw Naing rifling a shot on the turn from 25 yards out but DPMM FC shotstopper Alizanda Sitom tipped his attempt over.

Another chance went begging two minutes later after an unmarked Fadli Kamis rose the highest to head the ball but was off target.

Balestier should have equalised just before the first half whistle but Tajeli Salamat headed Kyaw Zayar Win’s cross just wide of the top left corner off a counterattack.

Ramazotti had a good effort eight minutes into the second half with a bicycle kick from eight yards out but it went over.

The Tigers equalised in the 56th minute after Zeljko Savic headed the ball backwards for Hazzuwan to pounce and chip the ball over Alizanda.

Balestier went in front on the hour mark after Raihan fired his freekick from 25 yards out into the top left corner to beat the outstretched DPMM FC custodian.

Balestier could have added to their tally after Kyaw Naing was sent through on goal in the 81st minute but he was denied by Alizanda.

Ramazotti had an opportunity two minutes later after he chested the ball down but blasted over his half volley effort.

DPMM FC were reduced to 10 men three minutes later after Azwan Saleh picked up his second booking for throwing the ball at Huzaifah Aziz.

The Brunei side almost equalised in additional time but Ramazotti’s header was chested off the line by a Tigers defender to claim all three points from the encounter.

Comments are closed.